Sunday, January 30, 2005

I Must Get To Jesus That's All


I started out for the church to go
hear some church folk sing.
But when I heard the church bells peal,
my ears began to ring.

I saw the church choir mouths move.
I watched as they clapped their hands.
But I could hear no sound at all.
And then they began to dance.

There was a rhythm without any rhyme
in the sanctuary that day
As they mimed before my eyes,
I saw it was always that way.
And so, right then and there,
I turned my eyes aside and
I bowed my head to pray.

O Lord My God I cannot hear a
word these people say.
What must I do, O my God?
Should I go or must I stay?

I came inside to hear this choir
make a joyful noise in song.
I can see their lips move and
my ears listen to hear.
But, Lord, is this where I belong?

Can they not see how pained I am?
Can they not see me frown?
I am here in Your House, Lord,
but I can hear no sound.
For all is as quiet as a mouse.
You are not around.

Ah Lord God, when I open my eyes,
please let me know.
Must I stay here in this place or
should I get up and go?

Wait!
What is that precious sound I hear?
I know that voice which lingers near.
That melody is so full of life.
And now my ears are clear

But something happened while I had sat
praying in the church that day.
They had all gotten up and had gone home.
But I got to stay right there and pray.

And when I opened up my eyes,
I found much to my surprise,
I was sitting there alone
They had all gotten up and left me
sitting there when they all got up
and went home.

The Spirit of God lifted me up.
He embraced me in His arms.

My child, He said, I am here for you
For I heard when you did call.
I don't want no choir -- no song.
I must get to Jesus that's all!
His church is where I belong.

Copyright (c) 2005. Rev. Lainie Dowell.
The Mountainside Ministries. Columbia, MD.
All rights reserved worldwide.
Received Sunday, January 30, 2005, 6:57 a.m. EST.




Praying as I go, because prayer is my fulltime preoccupation.

IN GOD'S DUE SEASON ---

I am named by God to be ~


-Five-Fold Minister
-Wearer of the Mantle of The Office of Prophetess
-Prophetess
-Wearer of the Iron Robe
-Shepherdess
-Silent Thunder
-Throneseeker
-FlockWatcher
-God's Warrior Woman
-God's Emissary of War

WHEN JESUS COMES IN, PAIN GOES OUT

Copyright © 1999-2011. The Mountainside Ministries.
Columbia, MD. All rights reserved worldwide.

Attribution. Request written permission.

I am Christian.
"I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ."