Monday, March 22, 2010

Do Not Speak to Me On a Cloudy Day



Do not speak to me on a cloudy day
for it shall ne'er suffice
Tis when the sun goes away
I long for Paradise

Do not engage me in small talk
for such flowing words I shall but dismiss
My soul hungers all the more to walk
and talk with the One who speaks bliss

Do not ramble on in my hearing so
for it only reaches my head
when all the time my soul cries out
reach inside and touch my heart instead

Do not clothe me with gilded-lily terms
for tis then I feel unclothed and
my nakedness becomes most profound
when my spirit for His Spirit yearns

Do not speak to me on a cloudy day
for I cannot hear a word that you say
Rather bring to me your silence
clasp my hand as you pass my way

Do not your voice employ
for no words shall e'er lift up my soul
beyond this cloudless day

Save -----

the heartfelt melodious tomes
the precious spirited verse
the sweet savor of bright sunshine
the lily and the rose
the lamb and the blood
Calvary
O my soul would be lost

For tis that voice of voices
my soul longs to hear
so far beyond the veil
on a cloudy day

There where the sunshine
hides its face in shame
There where the Son of God is
the Voice of voices speaks my name

Copyright (c) 2007 Rev. Lainie Dowell
The Mountainside Ministries. All rights reserved worldwide.


Praying as I go, because prayer is my fulltime preoccupation.

IN GOD'S DUE SEASON ---

I am named by God to be ~


-Five-Fold Minister
-Wearer of the Mantle of The Office of Prophetess
-Prophetess
-Wearer of the Iron Robe
-Shepherdess
-Silent Thunder
-Throneseeker
-FlockWatcher
-God's Warrior Woman
-God's Emissary of War

WHEN JESUS COMES IN, PAIN GOES OUT

Copyright © 1999-2011. The Mountainside Ministries.
Columbia, MD. All rights reserved worldwide.

Attribution. Request written permission.

I am Christian.
"I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ."