Monday, March 22, 2010

Solitude in Sunshine and Moonlight



If I could make the sun that shines come down and rest here
in my hand, Lord, who would understand?

Would any take notice that the brilliance glowing from my eye
had taken leave and left the sky?

Would any know that God had abundantly shined forth his rays
on such a wretch as I?

Would the moon take delight and forget to shine all
through the pitch black night?

Dare I call forth angelic hosts from heaven and intercept
them in their flight?

Would that the earth call to the mountain to slide into the sea
and leave room enough for all mankind to watch as there I cleave.

Oh, heavenly host upon that mount from where I entered therein,
Caused my soul to turn away from this old world of woe and sin.

For, I shall return that sun to shine and that moon to glow
with eternal joy and thankfulness to Him who loved me so.

Call the sun to move in space before daylight appears
and come down to keep me safe from all my doubts and fears.

Would the Shepherd of my soul so long for all my tears
not look over and be the everlasting comfort of these
my weary years?

To lift my heart from the dungeon's door and rest my soul
by mercy's shore

With eternal joy and peace inside His heart therein
shall my soul abide.


Copyright (c) 2007 Rev. Lainie Dowell
The Mountainside Ministries. All rights reserved worldwide.


Praying as I go, because prayer is my fulltime preoccupation.

IN GOD'S DUE SEASON ---

I am named by God to be ~


-Five-Fold Minister
-Wearer of the Mantle of The Office of Prophetess
-Prophetess
-Wearer of the Iron Robe
-Shepherdess
-Silent Thunder
-Throneseeker
-FlockWatcher
-God's Warrior Woman
-God's Emissary of War

WHEN JESUS COMES IN, PAIN GOES OUT

Copyright © 1999-2011. The Mountainside Ministries.
Columbia, MD. All rights reserved worldwide.

Attribution. Request written permission.

I am Christian.
"I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ."