Thursday, April 22, 2010

Evening And Day Had A Talk












Evening and Day got together and had a meeting.

Well, said evening, today what would you suppose would
happen if we decided to change roles?

So, if I shone in the day and you were to turn
off the light of day ---

Stop! said Day to Evening.
Don't you know who I am?
I Am made full of light, and in me is no dark spot.
So how then could we trade places with one another?
Besides, even if I could I would not,
for in you is no light, except that which man
has made -- that is -- artificial.

But in me is the true light.

Watch this.
Turn up the day and all in its path shall be bathed in light.
But turn up the evening and all in its path shall stumble.

If I changed places with you, said Day, then I would not be
able to get back the evening to you in the way you gave it
to me, because darkness is dispelled by light.

Tell you what, said Day, when you begin to ask God for --
Oh -- ask God for light, He will listen to see
if you really mean it.

And He would know, too.

And, if you are sincere,
then God will take away the dark of night and bathe you
in His light.

But do you suppose man would understand?

If God turned night into day to bathe all the earth in light,
then mankind would surely look and see their filthy stains.
Ah, how much would they be sorry?

Would they ask God to turn out the light, or
Would they ask Him to turn off the night forever?

May this find you with your face turned towards the face
of Him who is the Maker of all things,
with a look of adoration for being in His presence.

Would you consider that enough to have, or
Would you still feel you had to give up that time to go about
having evening do what evening does?

Copyright (c) 2005. Rev. Lainie Dowell.
All rights reserved worldwide.
Received Wednesday, August 3, 2005, 2:23 a.m. EST


Praying as I go, because prayer is my fulltime preoccupation.

IN GOD'S DUE SEASON ---

I am named by God to be ~


-Five-Fold Minister
-Wearer of the Mantle of The Office of Prophetess
-Prophetess
-Wearer of the Iron Robe
-Shepherdess
-Silent Thunder
-Throneseeker
-FlockWatcher
-God's Warrior Woman
-God's Emissary of War

WHEN JESUS COMES IN, PAIN GOES OUT

Copyright © 1999-2011. The Mountainside Ministries.
Columbia, MD. All rights reserved worldwide.

Attribution. Request written permission.

I am Christian.
"I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ."